you might also like
A progressive slot is an online slot that runs across a network of casinos offering a jackpot that increases each time someone bets, as a small portion of each bet made contributes to the jackpot pool. Progressive jackpots often reach in excess of $1M+ with many jackpot wins much bigger than this. Read on to learn more about progressive slots and how to increase your chance of winning the jackpot.
- In this article you will find
- Definition of progressive slots
- Jackpot potential of progressives
- Popular progressive slots
- Progressive slots tips
Where to Find Progressive Slots
Popular progressive slots include Mega Moolah, Major Millions, and Beach Life, these games are known as ‘linked progressives’ because the progressive jackpot grows across all players at all the online casinos operating these games, creating jackpots which grow quickly. For example in 2012 the top jackpot win on Mega Moolah was £5.8 won by a lucky winner in London, England. If you don’t win the top prize progressives still offer a similar payout rate to other slot machines of 96% - 98%.
Here are two major networks’ most popular progressive slots and the casinos you can play them at:
1) Microgaming: Dark Knight, Mega Moolah, Major Millions, King Cashalot
Casinos: Spin Palace
2) Playtech: Marvel Slots, Beach Life, Gold Rally
Casinos: Golden Palace, City Club
Major Millions Progressive Slot
Playing Progressive Slots
Here are the top 3 tips on how to play progressive slots:
1) Choose Wisely: Take a look in the online casino lobby for which progressives have the largest jackpot amount. Play the games that have gone the longest without being hit as they generally are due a win.
2) Max Paylines: Always play max paylines in order to maximize your chances of hitting the jackpot. There’s nothing worse than having the correct symbols line up on a payline to discover you are ineligible for the jackpot as you didn't bet the maximum number of paylines.
3) Don’t Double: Many progressive slots let you try to double your money with a side bet after a winning spin. Don’t go for this gimmick it will only take away from time you need to focus on winning the progressive jackpot.